The basis for selection will be excellence in research as measured by:
- scholarly publications,
- research program development,
- development of funding, and
- awards and other recognition.
The award is restricted to assistant professors and research engineers in the College of Engineering in the year of reappointment or the year after.
Nominations for the award will be submitted by the College of Engineering department heads to the College of Engineering Recognition Committee for Faculty by the deadline.
The nomination should include:
- the documentation used to support the case for re-appointment as an assistant professor or research engineer
- a nomination letter by the department head
- a citation of approximately 70 words
No letters other than the nomination letter should be submitted. The nomination materials may be updated for nominees one year after re-appointment.
Selection of the award winner or winners is performed by the College of Engineering Faculty Awards Committee. All awards will be announced at the Annual College of Engineering Faculty Awards Banquet.