- extraordinary research contributions
- innovative and lasting contributions to education
- sustained excellence in teaching
- leadership in local, national, or global initiatives related to engineering and the impacts of technology on society
- leadership in college or university initiatives that have had a significant impact on engineering education and research at Carnegie Mellon
The award is open to any faculty member in the College of Engineering, including regular, research, and special faculty, without regard to age or academic rank.
Nominations for the award can be submitted by all members of the College of Engineering community to the College of Engineering Recognition Committee for Faculty by the deadline. Documentation to support the nomination should include:
- a citation of approximately 100 words,
- a one-page justification of the nomination,
- a current copy of the nominee's resume,
- letters from Carnegie Mellon and external sources who can attest to the achievements and document their impacts, and
- any other optional materials the nominators may consider appropriate
Selection of the award winner or winners is performed by the College of Engineering Faculty Awards Committee. All awards will be announced at the Annual College of Engineering Faculty Awards Banquet.