The Next Manufacturing Center is working toward the widespread adoption of additive manufacturing technology.
The center’s state-of-art additive manufacturing equipment and maker spaces foster an integrated environment of education, research, and industry collaborations.
See some images of our facilities and equipment:
Metals, Ceramics, Sand, and Composites
- EOS M290 Laser Sintering Metal Machine, with all available material parameter sets
- TRUMPF TruPrint 3000 Laser Powder Bed Fusion Printer, with all available parameter sets
- TRUMPF TruLaser Cell 3000 with TruDisk 6001 Laser Metal Deposition System, also referred to as Direct Metal Deposition or Direct Energy Deposition
- ExOne Innovent Binder Jetting Research and Education 3D Printer
- ExOne M-Flex Binder Jetting Printer
- Optomec Aerosol Jet 300
- Objet350 Connex Multi-Material 3D Printer
- Objet30 PRO Desktop 3D Printer
- (5) Stratasys Dimension Elite FDM Machines
- (5) Form 2 Desktop SLA Printers
- (11) Dremel 3D40 FLEX Printers
- Freeman Tech FT4 Powder Rheometer
- Granutools GranuDrum Powder Rheometer
- Keyence VR-5000 Wide Area 3D Measurement System
- Note: The stage can handle a maximum of 8 lbs.
- Keyence VL-500 Series 3D Scanner CMM
- Note: The stage can handle a maximum of 110 lbs.
- Infinite Focus G4 with Real 3D Surface Measurement
- (2) GF Machining Solutions AC Progress VP3 Wire EDM Machine
- EDM is available to post process builds run in our AM lab and support additive manufacturing research conducted by our members. The rates are $91/hr + wire cost for CMU customers and $176/hr + wire cost for non-customers.
AM equipment and training
Interested in using our equipment or ordering a build? Internal and external customers are invited to rent time in our advanced manufacturing laboratories. Training is also available for all of the AM equipment. Internal users can access additional information about our available equipment via Box. For more information on materials and pricing, please visit the details and costs page.