In his role, Justin Dawber manages all aspects of IT operations for the Department of Chemical Engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of IT staff, specification/procurement of IT assets, management of core department IT infrastructure/facilities and coordination of relationships with external support teams. All requests are handled via the ChemE-Computing Helpdesk. He serves as a local expert on IT and a resource for faculty, staff and students in the planning, deployment, and support of IT resources, and serves on the departmental facilities and infrastructure committee.
Contact ChemE-Computing for:
- Technical support for department provided hardware and software
- Support with specification and deployment of IT assets
- IT hardware and software license procurement
- Support for IT facilities (Computer Labs, Printers and Data Centers)
- Support for non-department owned assets being used for department function
ChemE-Computing may also be contacted for initial support on most University provided services, however users are encouraged to contact the university’s IT support team, Computing Services (email@example.com, https://www.cmu.edu/computing), directly for support on:
- Andrew accounts and authentication
- University cloud services such as Box, Google Drive, etc.
- Email and collaboration services (gSuite, Zoom, etc.)