The FabLab is available to anyone associated with Carnegie Mellon University. However, certain trainings are required to use the laser cutters. 3D printers are available for open access but require a job submission through our service program.
FabLab service process
The FabLab is actively involved in the fabrication of custom print/laser cut parts for educational, personal, and research projects. Our experienced staff can advise you on the feasibility and cost associated with any project.
- Contact Ryan Bates or Jen Hitchcock to set up an FBS account (if you don’t have one) or if you have questions.
- Accept invite and submit your request through FBS, our job submission site.
- Be prepared with Oracle #/pay alias, solid part files, dxf, quantity specs, material, etc.
- A student worker or staff member will contact you when your parts are complete.
- Material must be provided for laser cut parts.
- You will be charged for 3D print filament expenses.
- $0.50 / gram (Endar 3D, Form)
- 3D printing services
In-person Maker series courses
In-person Partnered courses
- Endar 3D printers (PLA)
- Form 2 3D printers (Resin)
- F170 3D printers (ABS)
- Epilog laser cutters
- Rabbit laser cutters
- Curing UV light and bath
- Work benches/hand tools
- Juki sewing machines