The Rookie Award recognizes an outstanding staff member who shows the same qualities as staff recognitions awards recipients.
However, the Rookie Award winner has only been a part of the College of Engineering for a relatively short period of time.
The basis for selection will be excellence in the areas of job performance, dedication, positive attitude and contributions as a team player. For additional clarification, please refer to the same guidelines as outlined in the Staff Recognition Award Nomination Criteria.
The award is open to all full- or part-time College of Engineering staff members who have been a part of the College of Engineering for six months to two years as of November 1 of the nomination year.
The following are not eligible:
- Current Staff Awards Committee members
- Staff members who have been with the College of Engineering for fewer than six months or more than two years as of November 1 of the nomination year
- Previous Rookie Award winners
- College of Engineering faculty members, including special faculty
- Group nominations; the award is given to individuals only
If you are unsure if a potential nominee fits the criteria, check the list of eligible staff.
Any Carnegie Mellon staff member, faculty member, graduate student or undergraduate student may submit a nomination.
Packets should include the following:
- A letter of two pages or less justifying your position that the nominee satisfies the criteria.
- One letter of reference not exceeding two pages from another Carnegie Mellon staff, faculty, or student; this may include letters from outside the department and can be submitted by an individual or group to support the nomination.
- Either the nomination or the letter of reference must come from the nominee’s supervisor(s).
- Any other information the nominator may consider appropriate. Please keep additional information to a reasonable length.