The Burritt Education Award is given to honor the memory of Timothy J. Burritt and his dedication to education. Tim Burritt,
Please note that applications for the Burritt Education Award are reviewed separately from nominations for the College of Engineering Staff Recognition Awards and the Rookie Award. Eligible staff members may apply for or be nominated for the Burritt Education Award and be nominated for Staff Recognition Awards or the Rookie Award in the same year.
- Maintains balance of work and school
- Shows perseverance in quest for education
- Enthusiastic about the value of continuing education
Any College of Engineering staff member who is enrolled as a continuing education student at any degree level and at any institution during the current calendar year is eligible, including recent graduates.
The following are not eligible:
- Current Staff Awards Committee members
- College of Engineering faculty members, including special faculty
- Group nominations; the award is given to individuals only
The application for the Burritt Education Award can be self-initiated or submitted by a College of Engineering staff or faculty member.
The following materials must be submitted by the nomination deadline:
- A one-page essay describing why you are pursuing continuing education or why the candidate meets the criteria
- Two letters of support (one from a supervisor, one from any other College of Engineering staff or faculty member)