MFI meetings and seminars
We are pleased to announce the MFI Seminar Series for the fall semester!
Each seminar period will run for one hour and 15 minutes and will include introductions, MFI updates, an MFI-funded project presentation and Q&A followed by a short networking opportunity with coffee and snacks.
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us in Scott Hall 6142 for the following:
- Wednesday, September 14 at 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Soft Tactile Skins for Industrial Robots for Safer Human-Robot Interactions, Wenzhen Yuan, Robotics Institute; James McCann, Robotics Institute; Changliu Liu, Robotics Institute
- Tuesday, Octobter 18 at 8:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- CRuMBLE [Construction Rubble Manufacturing for Building Lifecycle and Environment]: The Circular Waste Economy for Sustainable Architecture with Binder Jet 3D Printing, Dana Cupkova, School of Architecture; Josh Bard, School of Architecture; Robert Heard, Materials Science and Engineering; Kenji Shimada, Mechanical Engineering
- Tuesday, November 1 at 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Innovating Construction Through Manufacturing: A Reinforcement Learning Framework for Robotically-Supported Collaborative Modular Construction, Daniel Cardoso Llach, School of Architecture; Jean Oh, Robotics Institute; Dina El Zanfaly, School of Design
- Thursday, December 1 at 3:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Smart and Flexible Building Manufacturing through Production Digital Twins Reconstructed from Process Monitoring Videos, Documents, and Control System Logs, Pingbo Tang, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Burcu Akinci, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Yorie Nakahira, Electrical and Computer Engineering
All MFI affiliated faculty, postdocs, students and staff are encouraged to attend and each current MFI-funded project should be represented. Please be sure to share this with your MFI-funded students.
Conducting research at Mill 19
- General information about Mill 19
- Governance and use guidelines
- Request the use of a space for conducting research at Mill 19 by filling out the Mill 19 project initiation request form