Students may request an overload of up to 12 units over their normal course load if they have earned at least a 3.50 semester QPA for the previous semester while carrying at least 36 factorable units or at least a 3.50 cumulative QPA. Eligible students should contact their academic advisor, to request the overload, and include the number of units desired and rationale for overload.

First-year and transfer students are limited to a normal course load in their first semester and no more than 5 full semester courses in their second semester. Petitions for overloads greater than 12 units or other exceptions must have the approval of the College of Engineering Dean's Office.

Fill out and submit the overload petition form for approval.