Current Students Abroad
Follow our current students as they travel, work and study abroad! Here you will be able to keep up with our students and their adventures abroad via blogs, photos and videos.
- Obianozo Chukwamu, junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering, is studying abroad in London this semester. Follow her on Instagram.
- Renee Rios, junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering, is studying abroad in Barcelona this semester. Follow her blog.
- Stephanie Tjan, a in Civil and Environmental Engineering senior, is studying in Germany this summer. Follow her blog.
- Cindy Weng is a junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering will be studying in Paraguay this summer. Read about her experience.
- Cari Hartigan is a junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering who will travel to Germany to study and research this summer. Follow her blog.
- Sophomore Electrical and Computer Engineering student, Chelsea Chen, will intern abroad this summer in Singapore. Read about her experience.
- Nikita Sharma, a Civil and Environmental Engineering student, will spend ten days in Iceland for a special program this summer. Follow her blog.
- Megan Pudlo is a Chemical Engineering major who will spend her junior year studying abroad on exchange with Imperial College in England. Follow her blog.
- Jacqueline Gibbons, a Mechanical Engineering junior, is spending her spring semester study in Berlin, Germany. Follow her blog.
- Thomas "TJ" Murray is a junior in Mechanical Engineering. He is studying in Qatar this spring. Read about his experience.
Read more about our students' past experiences.
- Ananya Rajgarhia, a sophomore Electrical and Computer Engineering student, volunteered in Nicaragua during the summer. Read about her experience.
- Stephanie Tjan, a junior Civil and Environmental Engineering major, spent time in Iceland on the GREEN program.
- Angela Ng is a junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering, who spent her summer in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Adam Simpson is a junior in Chemical Engineering who went to Kiel, Germany as part of the DAAD program. Learn about his experience.
- Maya Holay is a junior Chemical and Biomedical Engineering double major who did summer research in Dortmund, Germany. Check out her blog.
- Julia Wang is a sophomore Chemical Engineering student who worked as a researcher in the DAAD RISE program in Freiburg, Germany. She shared her experience via a photo journal.
- Nadia Florman is a sophomore Mechanical Engineering and Engineering and Public Policy double major who studied in Kassel and Berlin, Germany, while participating in the DAAD RISE program. Learn about Nadia's experience.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering senior, Katherine Wang, studied in Florence, Italy.
- Crystear Liu, a Chemical Engineering sophomore, learned German in Berlin during the summer.
- Holly Stein is a Mechanical Engineering junior who spent a semester studying in Switzerland at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
- Jeffrey He is an Electrical and Computer Engineering junior who spent a semester studying in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Three engineering students traveled to Honduras over their spring break as part of the Carnegie Mellon University Global Water Brigades service group. They wrote about their experiences in their blog.
- Megha Bhambri is a Mechanical Engineering student who spent a semester studying in London.
- Brigid McGovern is a Chemical E student who spent her junior year abroad on an exchange with Imperial College, London.
- Civil engineering student, Yang You, was part of the EPFL Research Internship Program. The interns in this program collectively kept a blog of their experiences.
- Ann Rutt, a biomedical engineering and materials science and engineering student spent a summer at Imperial College in Longon.
- Miki Bassey, a mechanical engineering student, studied abroad in Hong Kong.
- Johan Gutierrez is a Mechanical Engineering senior who spent the spring 2014 semester in Barcelona, studying architecture and design.
- Follow CEE's Colin Chadderton in Hamburg, Germany.
- Read ChemE/BME student Jordan Green's blog on his exchange with RWTH Aachen in Germany.
- Explore Aspen McKeever's experience studying abroad in Granada, Spain on Tumblr.
- Andrew Wu, a junior in ECE, spent his summer in Shanghai, studying at SISU. Check out his experience.
- Learn about Gabriel Rodriguez (MSE) and his summer in Berlin, Germany.
- Travel with Christy St. John to Scotland by reading her blog.
- MechE's Lenny Rodriguez tweeted his experiences from his fall semester at the National University of Singapore.
- Chemical Engineering student Yatindra Patel spent his junior year in London.
- Follow Ashley Brienza's travels to Livingstone, Zambia.
- Leah Yingling, a Material Science junior, headed to South Africa for the summer. Check out her blog.
- Journey to the Czech Republic with Mechanical Engineering junior, Bushra Salama.
- Chemical Engineering senior, Natalie Brandell, spent her summer in Shanghai, China. Follow her adventure.
- Corinne Clinch is a CEE/BME double major who traveled to Ghana for a summer software development internship.
- Aspen McKeever is a sophomore Chemical Engineering student who spent her summer in Chile, taking courses on Chilean culture and perfecting her Spanish language skills. Follow her blog.
- Travel to Japan with Mechanical Engineering junior Melanie Jasper. From June to August, Melanie lived and studied in Beppu taking intensive Japanese language courses, as well as an International Management course. This coursework will help to complete her Global Engineering minor requirements.
- Elias Szabo-Wexler spent two months in Dusseldorf, Germany taking language courses for his German minor at CMU. The sophomore Chemical Engineering student kept a record of his experiences abroad through his blog.
- Mechanical Engineering sophomore Faith Quist was in Berlin for the summer, taking German language courses.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering junior Willy Elmore shared his experiences of summer in Denmark on his blog. Willy took courses on sustainability while abroad.
- Esther Urena, a junior in Civil and Environmental Engineering, is traveled to the Philippines for the summer.
- CEE junior Siyun Luo's blog went to the Dominican Republic during Spring Break as part of the Orphanage Outreach group.
- CEE junior Agnes Marszalik went to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, through the CIEE program.
- CEE junior Lane Kurkjian traveled to Karagwe, Tanzania.
- ECE sophomore Beth Ann Katz went to Costa Rica as part of the Global Renewable Energy Education Network (GREEN) program.
- ChemE sophomore Hari Venkatesh traveled to Costa Rica as part of the GREEN program.
- CEE senior Brittani Grant traveled to Sicily, Italy.
- MechE student Mukul Bhatt traveled to Barcelona.
- Christa Orvik from ChemE spent her summer in France.
- Elisha Clayton traveled to Australia and New Zealand through Arcadia University to study ecology and sustainability.
- Samaya Sinha traveled to Paris as a first-year to study at the Ecole Centrale.
- MechE student Cecily Sunday traveled to Metz, France as part of the Georgia Tech-Lorraine program.
- Josh Debner worked as an intern with One Laptop Per Child in Huaraz, Peru. He helped teachers and students integrate technology into the classroom.
- Bradley Hall worked as an intern as part of the innovative Student Technology ExPerience (iSTEP) program creating accessible technological solutions for three communities in Tanzaniza.
- Guillermo Gomez did a four-week study abroad experience at Estudio Sampere in Spain.
- Tema Yaravitz spent four weeks studying abroad in Madrid, Spain, and two more studying on the coast of Spain in Alicante.
- Lauren "Beav" Cuan traveled to Spain during the summer.
- Faith Quist completed courses for both of her majors on a year-long exchange with RWTH Aachen in Germany.
- Malavika Thottappillil spent her junior year studying abroad on an exchange program with Imperial College in London.
- Rachael Ortega spent her spring semester studying in Metz, France.
- Emerson Silva spent his spring semester in Madrid, Spain.
- Brandon Ortiz is a Chemical Engineering student who participated in the GREEN program's Iceland trip to learn more about renewable energies.
- Elena Yasinski is a Mechanical Engineering student who studied in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Craig Boman, a CEE sophomore, spent his summer in Australia.
- Josh Lopez-Binder is a Mechanical Engineering student who spent the summer before senior year in Amsterdam, working in a research lab.
- Amalia Martinez a Mechanical Engineering student, traveled to Iceland to learrn about renewable energy.
- Celeste Neary, an Electrical and Computer Engineering student, spent the summer between her first year and sophomore year in Germany.
- Yeshar Hadi, a sophomore in the Materials Science & Engineering program, went to Iceland to learn about renewable energies via the GREEN program.
- Miriam Hegglin, a CEE junior, studied in Marburg, Germany..
- Ann Rutt is a Material Science sophomore who studied in London.
- Michael O'Connor, a Mechanical Engineering student, studied abroad in Barcelona and other countries.
- Yoon Hee Ha is a Mechanical Engineering sophomore who did an internship in Hanover, Germany.
Please note that opinions and statements made by students in their personal blogs do not necessarily reflect those of the College of Engineering or of Carnegie Mellon University.