CONNECTS Speaker Series: "Start Smart: Protecting Your Company’s IP Assets"
5:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m.
University of Pittsburgh, Barco Law Building, Alcoa Room
George Dickos & Lauren Shuttleworth Murray
*NSF I-Corps Site Teams required to attend
This seminar will cover legal issues related to intellectual property, including:
- How to protect your company's IP
- How not to infringe on another's IP
- How to handle IP created by your employees, including non-compete clauses
- Which IP protection to use: copyright, patents, trademarks and/or trade secrets
- First to file vs. First to invent: changes in US patent law