The student machine shop is available to all associated with Carnegie Mellon University. However, certain trainings are required for access.
- Using manual machining equipment requires the completion of: 24-200: Machine Shop Practice (MINI).
- The use of CNC machines requires the completion of: 24-300: Fundamentals of CNC Machining (MINI).
Open lab/part creation process
- You must have completed 24-200 to access the space.
- Open lab is offered in between class (No open lab during 24-200 or 24-300 class).
- Full time staff workers are always available for consultation/support.
- Students must cleanup and return all tooling when done machining. (Those who do not comply will be suspended from the shop.)
- See shop calendar for shop hours.
Using the water jet requires the completion of: 24-300: Fundamentals of CNC Machining (MINI) and the Water Jet work shop training.