In TechSpark, there will be a maximum occupancy per room, thus a finite number of time slots will be available each week. When reservations are taken, the priority will be given as follows:
- TechSpark courses
- partnered courses
- specific student organizations
Note: research and personal projects may choose whether to compensate TechSpark for conducting the work through Shop Manager Brian Zimmermann (email@example.com) or enroll in 24-210 Maker Series: Inventive Projects for access to conduct work themselves
Each TechSpark course will fully occupy their room during teaching of in-class activities. TechSpark’sMaker Series courses are in session as identified by the Registrar and TechSpark’s online reservation system. Students enrolled in these courses will have a number of allotted time slots per week that can be reserved for conducting work outside-class. These reservations are made by the students themselves, which may be scheduled up to 1 week prior to the activity.
- 24-210 Inventive Projects (1-to-6 unit mini) this course does not have a preset meeting time
- 24-104 Intro to Modern Making (3 unit mini)
- 24-105 Intro to Laser Cutting-Engraving (1 unit micro)
- 24-200 Intro to Manual Machining (1 unit mini)
- 24-204 Intro to Metal Jewelry (3 unit mini)
- 24-205 Intro to Welding (2 unit mini)
- 24-206 Intro to Wood Working (3 unit mini)
- 24-207 Intro to CNC Router (1 unit micro)
- 24-300 Intro to CNC Machining (2 unit mini)
- Each partnered course will be able to reserve many time slots simultaneously for in-class activities, within the constraints of each room’s maximum occupancy. These reservations must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the activity. These reservations can also be made for faculty, staff, and TAs teaching courses partnered with TechSpark to conduct work for that particular course.
- In addition, students enrolled in a partnered course will have a number of allotted time slots per week that can be reserved for conducting work outside-class. These will be distributed as one for each student individually in smaller courses and one student for each group in larger courses. The number of allotted time slots per week for individual students or a student representing their group is dependent on the class size and course needs. These reservations are made by the students themselves, which may be scheduled up to 1 week prior to the activity.
|Enrollment||Reservations Per Week For Each Individual Student||Reservations Per Week for One Student of Each Group|
The number of reservations you may book during a single week is based on actual enrollment. For special considerations contact Fabrication Manager Ryan Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To keep the schedule as available as possible, we recognize that not all courses will require in-class and outside-class time slots every week. For those on an as-needed basis, we will make reservations on set dates for particular activities. This understanding will permit additional time slots for requesting courses shortly before project deadlines.
- Partnered courses will continue to have other services available, including but not limited to consultations and prototyping by TechSpark professionals as agreed upon by both parties.
For specific student organizations, there will be a number of allotted time slots per week for identified members of that group to conduct work. These reservations are made by the students themselves, which may be scheduled up to 1 week prior to the activity.