Inform, educate, and inspire
Social media has never been more important or influential. People get to both tell and see stories in real-time. We know social media has the power to inform, educate, and inspire—that’s why we need your help.
We’re looking for a select group of students to help the College of Engineering tell our story, which is really your story.
Why apply? You will gain valuable experience in social media marketing by working directly with the College of Engineering marketing and communications team. This is the team responsible for promoting research such as autonomous vehicles, 3-D printing heart muscle tissue, and exoskeletons—just to name a few. Working with them will help you become a better communicator, an essential skill in any profession, while doing something impactful and enjoyable in a real-world setting.
Dean’s Office Social Media Reporter
You find yourself capturing the next share-worthy image to engage your followers on social media. You believe in the power of storytelling via social channels. You think that engineering, and the amazing things it can do for people, is a story worth telling. If this sounds like you, we have a unique opportunity.
The Dean’s Office of Carnegie Mellon University’s College of Engineering is looking for a select group of students to help the marketing and communications team report on events and activities from the student perspective. We want enthusiastic, self-driven individuals who will be dedicated to the growth, development, and overall mission of the College of Engineering. Students will attend events and activities on and off campus, sometimes with special access. They will not only be a part of the story, but will also capture and promote content via social media.
- Learn social media skills from industry professionals
- Build social and interpersonal skills
- Interface with guest speakers, deans, alumni, and engineering faculty
- Attend campus events, often for free
- Attend 4 team meetings per semester, provide project updates, and contribute to group discussions
- Brainstorm and submit ideas for social media content
- Produce social media content that is consistent with and promotes the mission of the College of Engineering, and then tag the college’s social media channels for cross-promotion
- Share and promote published content through various social media channels Attend campus events and promote them via social media
- Help the College of Engineering capture the student experience at Carnegie Mellon
- Undergraduate or graduate engineering students
- Ability to attend campus events and activities
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Creativity, critical thinking, versatility
- Basic photography skills using your smartphone camera
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn social media best practices
- Must have at least one social media account and be willing to publish content on that account for your assignments.
We are no longer accepting applications at this time. Thank you.