Winter 2015 - 2016
Read Engineering Magazine online by clicking on the story links provided.
From the Dean
- Saving lives through advanced cryopreservation
- "Intelligent" training tool to treat prostate cancer
- Can microchips be trusted?
- Engineer hacks off-the-shelf 3-D printer toward rebuilding the heart
- Department news
- "Faculty to Global Leaders" program connects research and industry
- nanoGriptech is first mass manufacturer of a strong and sensitive gecko-inspired adhesive
- Spinoff Ottomatika acquired by Delphi
- Center for Faculty Success open for business
- Book corner
- Whitacre wins Lemelson-MIT Prize
- Unorthodox approach to drug delivery research lands professor on Popular Science's 2015 Brilliant 10 list
- Professorships honor academic leaders
- SURF summer
- Wireless innovators come in loud and clear at national amateur radio event
- INI celebrates women in computing at Grace Hopper
- CMU-R is first beneficiary of SMART Africa Scholarship Fund
- Turning the page on unsafe drinking water
- What new strategies for manufacturing or entirely new business opportunities do you envision 3-D printing with metals will allow?