Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is our North Star and establishes a framework for our decision-making. While our strategies, actions, and mission may change over time, our vision, like our core values, remains steady and true.
Our vision is to be a world-class engineering college recognized for excellence, innovation and the societal relevance and impact of its pursuits.
While our vision is our direction, our mission defines the distinct ways we think and work, as well as the impact that we expect it will have on the world.
Our mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers and to research pioneering solutions to global challenges. We do this with an unprecedented commitment to integrating across engineering, sciences, arts, business and other disciplines to yield transformative results.
We value excellence, innovation, being genuine, diversity, respect for others, integrity, trusting and being trustworthy. These qualities define us.
- The members of our community value, respect and trust one another, as evidenced by what we say and, more importantly, by what we do. Our people are our greatest asset.
- Our partners and contributors expect us to act with integrity. They trust us and expect us to trust them. They rely upon us to seek excellence, be collegial and collaborative and be focused on achieving mutual success.
- Our peers and evaluators know that what we say and do is grounded and accurate and they are justified in expecting excellence from us. They also know that we innovate as we seek to continuously improve.
- We employ and educate smart and creative people to do great things. We give them the resources to investigate, the freedom to experiment and the encouragement to excel.
- We believe that the answers to global challenges often lie among multiple disciplines. We commit to exploration that embraces diverse perspectives.